Reporting is Essential!
It is crucial that the survivor is encouraged to seek legal support with a positive approach. You can reach out to these institutions for help.
- National Child Protection Authority (NCPA) – Founded in 1998, NCPA is the modal institute for child protection services in the country. If the survivor is under the age of 18, the NCPA can be contacted through the child-line 1929. This is a toll free 24 – hour trilingual hotline dedicated to receiving complaints on child abuse and child rights violation and also gives an opportunity for children to talk when they need.
NCPA can be contacted through below lines as well.
Address : No. 330,
Thalawathugoda Road, Madiwela, Sri Jayawadrenapura
Tele : +94 11 2 778 911 – 12 – 14
Fax : +94 11 2 778 915
Email : email@example.com
Web : www.childprotection.gov.lk
- Children and Women’s Bureau of the Police – Located in all the Police stations, this allows women and children to report cases of violence, abuse and exploitation. A survivor can go to the Children and Women’s Bureau of the nearest police station to report the incident.
- Cyber Crime Unit – If a survivor is above 18, he/ she can contact the Cyber Crime Unit established under the Criminal Investigation Department (CID). The Cyber Crime Unit can be contacted through +94 11 2 326 979 telephone line or through the general line of the CID (+94 11 2 320 141). Also survivors can contact via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Computer Emergency Readiness Team (CERT) – Founded in 2006, CERT is focused on reacting & proactively strengthening security against potential cyber-attacks. CERT provides technical assistance & guidance to survivors in certain areas but does not carry out any investigative or legal actions. CERT can be contacted through +94 11 2 691 692/ +94 11 2 695 749/ +94 11 2 679 888 telephone lines or through firstname.lastname@example.org email address. Social media related incidents can be reported through email@example.com email address.
- Protecting Environment and Children Everywhere (PEaCE) is currently engaged in raising awareness on Online Sexual Exploitation of Children around the country. We provide assistance to children who are survivors of sexual exploitation of children.
PEaCE can be contacted through the below lines.
Address : No. 39/4,
Jayasinghe Road, Kirulapone, Colombo 06
Tele : +94 11 2 819 397
Fax : +94 11 2 819 397
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Web : www.ecpatsrilanka.org