Protecting Environment and Children Everywhere
(PEaCE/ECPAT Sri Lanka)
Job Title: Media Officer
Contract Duration: 12 months with the possibility of renewal
Reports to: Report to the Executive Director, works closely with the content writer/communication officer
PEaCE (Protecting Environment and Children Everywhere) ECPAT Sri Lanka (www.ecpat.lk) is an NGO working exclusively to combat child sexual exploitation and abuse. It began in 1991 as part of ECPAT International and has been dedicated to this cause for over 30 years. It provides a range of activities, including awareness programmes, training, advocacy, research, legal aid and counselling services. It has recently secured a two-year grant to support the child victims/survivors of violence in Sri Lanka. PEaCE aims to protect and promote the rights of the child and create an environment in which the safety and security of every child are assured.
We are looking for an experienced and organized Media Officer to join our team. The successful
candidate will be responsible for monitoring all media outlets regularly, collecting information
related to violence against children, fact-checking, documenting them and formulating regular
- Monitor all media outlets (television, radio, print, online, social media etc.) regularly to collect information related to violence against children.
- Fact-check the collected information and systematically document them electronically.
- Analyse the collected information and formulate regular reports and disseminate them to various stakeholders.
- Special reports to UNICEF after a thorough investigation and examination of important or high-profile cases.
- Attend meetings with law enforcement agencies to initiate legal proceedings.
- Regular interaction with state child protection agencies to
- Prepare press releases for the organisation.
- Provide information for updating the organisation's social media accounts.
- Develop and execute communication campaigns to raise awareness about the issue of violence against children.
- Maintain relationships with media contacts.
- Respond to media inquiries in a timely manner.
- Attend events and press conferences as required.
Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or a related field
- At least two years of related experience in the media field
- The ability to interact with media in a professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit press releases, media advisories and other related materials
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of media relations and interviewing techniques
- Proficiency in using social media platforms
- Familiarity with current trends in the media industry
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
At PEaCE, we are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for all employees,
celebrating diversity and providing equal opportunity for everyone.
Released on May 15, 2023
Please download and fill in the Application Form found on this webpage and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org