Protecting Environment and Children Everywhere (PEaCE/ECPAT Sri Lanka)
Invitation for Internship
We are a civil society organisation active in child protection, looking for interns wanting to gain experience in the Rights of the Child and Child Protection, build practical abilities and activism, and conduct awareness and training for the community. Work will be home-based during the pandemic period but will later require travel to the office and other locations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting of awareness programs online
- Reaching out to youth groups, mainly online
- Conducting surveys
- Contribute towards social change using special skills, knowledge and experience you have.
- Help safety nets to protect children at risk.
- Apply your creativity to work to help send the message of Child Protection on social media.
- Field visits when the situation normalizes.
- Young undergraduates of a related field.
- Those who have partially completed their degree will be considered if appropriate supporting experience and commitment can be proven.
- Available for the 6-month period.
- The period of internship can vary from a minimum of three months to six months.
- The internship is voluntary in principle and has no salary. However, travel expenses to office and expenses for field visits will be provided/reimbursed when necessary.
- You will gain extensive experience in an established and well reputed non-governmental organization with various international ties.
- At the end of the internship, interns who perform well will receive permanent postings as Project Officers. Those who complete the internship will receive a letter of completion.
How to apply:
Visit www.ecpat.lk/careers/ and fill in the Application Form as directed. Please do not send your CV, photographs, certificates, or any other materials.
Protecting Environment and Children Everywhere (PEaCE) also known as ECPAT Sri Lanka is a registered Non-Governmental Organisation in Sri Lanka working exclusively in the field of child sexual exploitation and abuse. Initiated in 1991 as a campaign that was part to End Child Prostitution in Asian Tourism (ECPAT), it grew over the years into a full-fledged organization and is a core founding member of the ECPAT International. As a pioneer organization, PEaCE has continued to dedicate itself to the war against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse of Children online and offline in Sri Lanka for 30 years. The programs conducted by PEaCE include country-wide awareness programs, training, advocacy, legal aid and counselling services. PEaCE aims to protect and promote the rights of every child and create an environment in which the safety and security of every child is assured.
PEaCE is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.