Protecting Environment and Children Everywhere (PEaCE/ECPAT Sri Lanka)
Job Title: Content Writer/Communication Officer
Job location: Based in Colombo.
Contract duration: 12 months with possibility of renewal
PEaCE was established in 1991 as an initiative that was part of the ECPAT International, which laid a solid foundation in the making of a predominant child protection organisation, to what it has evolved to be at present. The organization greatly focuses on protecting children from Sexual Exploitation in Travel and Tourism (SECTT), and Online Child Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (OCSEA). It has been conducting country-wide awareness programs, training, advocacy, and community-based programs in the most vulnerable areas. It has been the only organisation in Sri Lanka working exclusively in the field of child sexual abuse and exploitation.
- Communicate critical information effectively to the public via PEaCE web page and social media.
- Initiate and coordinate the Media Campaign of PEaCE for the protection of children.
- Handle the web content and make sure the information published there is updated on a regular basis.
- Generate relevant information for social media platforms of the organisation and update regularly to keep the stakeholders informed about the organisation’s activities and regularly upload the status of the children of the nation.
- Use social media as a platform to raise awareness of sexual exploitation of children.
- Consult with the staff, management and develop promotional materials for the organisation.
- Designing and editing creative content (Presentations, banners, posters, leaflets, etc.)
- Translation of content from English to Sinhala or Tamil or both (depending on fluency).
- Create and finalize new project proposals and brainstorm for new avenues of funding and collaboration.
- Undertake writing of reports and proposals by gathering relevant and reliable information within the organisation and from external sources.
- Draft press releases and prepare information for media outlets
- Help maintain and uphold the image and identity of PEaCE
- Handle any other tasks as given by the Executive Director of PEaCE
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Communication, English, Sociology, Human Rights or an equivalent professional qualification.
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in a writing/communications-related role
- Extremely fluent in English as well as Sinhala or Tamil.
- Able to demonstrate excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work independently using his/her own initiative within the scope of responsibilities.
- Have ability to write and design to a fair extent.
- Honest, reliable and hardworking.
- Able to work long hours if necessary.
- Patient an able to work under stress.
- Zero criminal record.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.