Protecting Environment and Children Everywhere (PEaCE/ECPAT Sri Lanka)
Job Description – Post of Accountant
Protecting Environment and Children Everywhere (PEaCE) is a registered Non-Governmental organisation under the Voluntary Social Services Organisations Act in Sri Lanka. It is the only organisation within the nation, working exclusively in the field of child sexual abuse and exploitation.
It began in the year of 1991 as a campaign that was part of the ECPAT International initiative to End Child Prostitution, Child Pornography and the Trafficking of Children for Sexual Purposes. As a pioneer organization, it has continued to dedicate itself to battle against Sexual Exploitation of Children (SEC) in Sri Lanka for over 25 years.
The programs conducted by PEaCE include country-wide awareness programs, training, advocacy, legal aid and counselling services.
PEaCE aims to protect and promote the rights of the child and create an environment in which the safety and security of every child is assured. It is a growing multicultural organization, with a great and friendly working environment.
We are looking for an Accountant to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank transactions and budgets. The accountant will report directly to the Executive Director and also answerable to the Board of Directors.
- Manage all accounts and transactions
- Prepare budget and regular forecasts
- Respond to the donors requests on financial matters
- Prepare financial statements in time
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable on a regular basis
- Compute statutory payments and pay on time
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Prepare financial transactions and documents for audit
- Arrange financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Comply with standard financial policies and regulations
Qualifications & Experience
- Accounting degree or an equivalent professional qualification
- Proven knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles
- A good command of written and spoken English and Sinhala/Tamil
- Knowledge and experience of computerized accounting systems
- 3+ years of experience in the managing of financial systems and financial reporting
- Experience working non-profit organizational accounting will be an advantage
- Be self-motivated and able to work on your own initiatives
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Organized with the ability to prioritize work load and work under pressure
- A strong commitment towards the rights of children
Please download and fill in the Application Form found on this webpage and send it to [email protected]
PEaCE is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.